Sunday 23 September 2012

Coincidence? Or Guardian Angel?

Surprise cake when no one knew it was my birthday!
 
Do you believe you have a spiritual entity watching over you? I sure do. I have had endless manifestations of what some people might call “coincidences” but I know it’s my angels. Following is one small example.

I celebrated my birthday not too long ago and this caused me to reflect on past birthdays when I didn’t tell anyone that it was my special day, but someone wound up celebrating it anyway. Coincidence? Read on and draw your own conclusions.

I was single, living far from home in the days before email or iPhones. Contact with my family was limited to occasional snail mail. I didn’t mind. That was my life  and I was happy.

When my birthday rolled around I didn’t feel like telling those around me that it was my birthday. I didn’t mind if they knew, but just didn’t want to be the one telling them myself. But it was a bit lonely when no one knew and therefore my birthday wasn’t celebrated in any way.

I suppose it might help if I explain that I traveled a lot and therefore those around me were not always very acquainted with some details of my life such as when I was born. Birthdays had never been  really a big deal for me so I didn’t announce it to my friends. But if the day went by with not one person at least wishing me a happy birthday, it made me feel very lonely indeed.

So the following true stories really made me happy and loved:

One year I received a long distance phone call from a business associate. She called to discuss business but during the conversation asked:
“Aren’t you a Leo like me?”
“Yes”, I replied, pleased that she remembered.
“When is your birthday?–It must be soon.” She asked next.
“Today!” I told her.
“Wow! Happy Birthday!” she exclaimed.
My day was complete. Someone wished me a happy birthday!

Another year my boyfriend (not knowing it was my birthday) surprised me when he came to pick me up by bringing me a large bouquet (for the first time). I then told him it was my birthday and we had a nice evening celebrating.

Yet another year my flat mate’s mom paid us a surprise visit. I opened the door to her and she was holding a cake that she had made for us. I then told her it was my birthday! My flat mates found some birthday candles and we had a nice celebration–cake and all!

Three different years, three different true events when my birthday was celebrated in some way on the day, without those around me knowing at first it was my special day. The result was extreme happiness on my part. I was able to celebrate after all, without feeling that I was hinting for recognition!

Say its coincidence if you must, I know I have Guardian Angels watching over me who not only help keep me safe, but help keep me happy!
Do you have a similar story?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blast from the Past: Thailand

Making a Difference in Romania