Monday 16 February 2009

Monkey Business

Its not every day you are offered something
to read by an ape!
A good attention getter!


February 12th, this year marks the 200th anniversary of Charles Darwin's birth, and 150 years since he published "The Origin of Species". As Bible believing Christians, we do not support his "theory of evolution" and believe there is a lot of Godly proof that it is false. So, on this day, members of several "Family International" Centres, in the London area, gathered together in Central London and passed out tracts, called "Evolve Now" which explains the Christian side of Creation VS Evolution. Our sons Ian (19) and Jerry (17) went to the event and along with the other Family Volunteers, passed out tracts. Some of the interested passersby prayed with Family members and there were lively discussions held. One Family Volunteer even arrived in a monkey suit for the occasion, since part of Darwin's theory states that man evolved from monkeys. It reminds me of the time when I was trying to explain the theory of evolution to my first son, Mike, who was about 4 at the time. We lived in Thailand, and Mike had not as yet been able to meet my parents who lived far away, in America. I was explaining: "Evolution says that we came from monkeys. What do you think about that? Is my dad, your grandfather, a monkey?" Mike stopped what he was doing for a moment, gave me a long look, wiser than his days and replied: "I don't know--I never met him!" Ha! Time for a visit to the grandparents to prove to this young scientific mind that his grandfather was not a monkey!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Blast from the Past: Thailand

Making a Difference in Romania